We are currently operating reduced hours Mon-Fri 8.30am - 5pm PLEASE NOTE: All TV's 65" and over will incur additional delivery charges (POA)
1. WHAT DO YOU DO WITH MY PERSONAL DATA?
We use your data to open an account and provide you with orders from Harry B
Litherland & Co Ltd (known as HBL), from preparing the invoice to the delivery note. This includes
doing things like:
● Existing account holders: We hold records of the personal details associated with a business
name, address, tel number, vat no. company no (if applicable) that we use for account & courier
delivery purposes, which includes telephone order information and email communications.
● New account customers: When opening a business account with HBL either by telephone, email or
an online application.We hold records of the personal details associated with a business name,
address, tel number, vat no. company no (if applicable) that we use for account & courier delivery
purposes, which includes telephone order information and email communications.
We use this information to process orders, take payments and provide third party services such as
courier services with your delivery details.
● Purchasing goods and Financial transactions: We use the personal information you provide to us
to process transactions through our Bank who use the CHAPS, Bacs, Faster Payment Services and
Cheque & Credit Clearings. This means that we have to provide them with your chosen credit,
debit card provided by yourself or cheque(s) for payment. We do not store any payment details at
● HBL follows The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard. All media (e.g.
paper, floppy disks, backup tape, computer hard drive, etc.) that contains cardholder
information is be discarded securely and irreversibly by means such as shredding, demagnetizing,
disassembly, etc. when it is no longer needed we ensure that all payment card data is destroyed
securely after immediate use.
● Employee responsibilities at HBL: All HBL employees are required to conduct business
in accordance with all applicable UK laws, regulations and contractual
Employees must behave ethically, with integrity and adhere to all Company policies and
procedures. It is the responsibility of the employee to be truthful, honest and cooperate
fully with credit/debit card information
2. HOW LONG WILL YOU KEEP MY PERSONAL DATA?
We keep information while you're our customer and after you've left us.
We use your information to provide you with the products that you may order from HBL. For example,
we might need to sort out disagreements, stop fraud and abuse, prove that you had an account with
us or follow our legal obligations. Or the police may need it as evidence. We may also keep
information about how you use our products or services.
In each case, the length of time that we need to keep the information may be different, but we will
only keep the information for as long as we need it.
3. WHO DO YOU SHARE MY BUSINESS & PERSONAL DATA WITH AND WHY?
We will share your information in the following situations:
● With Banking partners, suppliers, agents and subcontractors who help us deliver the products
you've chosen to purchase;
● When you have opened an account with us and provided your consent; this consent is
recorded on paper and on our accounting records both on paper and electronically for accounting
purposes and provisions to HMRC.
● When we have legal or regulatory requirements such as a request from the
competition authority, law enforcement agency or a credit reference agency.
4. WHAT DATA DO YOU HOLD ABOUT ME? (AND HOW DO YOU GET IT?)
We collect information in three ways:
1. Directly from you, such as information filled in within application; or a form on our website
2. From the products and services you buy
3. From third parties, such as information from credit reference agencies and fraud protection
5. WHAT RIGHTS DO I HAVE?
You have the following rights:
● To be informed about how we use your personal data (the purpose of this Privacy
● To update your personal data. You can update or amend your information by visiting the
My Details section of our website; For data not updateable through our website, you will need to
● To ask us to delete your personal data. However, there may be circumstances where we are
legally entitled to retain it;
● To get a free copy of your personal data. A subset of your data (limited to data that you
have provided to us) is available in a machine-readable format if required;
● To object to the processing of your data and have it restricted. There may be
circumstances where you ask us to restrict the processing of your information, but we are legally
entitled to refuse that request;
● The right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner (www.ico.org.uk) if you think
that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
6. HOW DO I CHANGE MY MARKETING PREFERENCES?
You can opt in and out of marketing communications at any time by changing your
preferences emailing our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org You will be able to
choose to receive marketing communications about the products and services you have chosen.
You can also opt out of marketing communications by following unsubscribe links at the bottom of
any marketing emails or text messages received from HBL.
We will never give your personal data to a third party for marketing unless you have expressly
given us your permission.
7. HOW DO YOU ENSURE MY DATA IS SECURE?
HBL is committed to keeping your data secure. We use a variety of
security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorized
access, use or disclosure.
8. WHAT ELSE CAN I DO TO ENSURE MY DATA IS SECURE?
Along with a section on Privacy, Get Safe Online has plenty of other good advice about protecting
9. HOW CAN I CONTACT YOU?
If you would like more information or would like to raise any queries with us in relation to your
information, you can contact us by writing to the Data Protection Officer at:
Data Protection Officer 281 Bristol Ave, Blackpool FY2 0JF
10. CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We will check this policy from time to time and post any changes here. We may also let you know
about these changes by email.
11. RESOLVING PRIVACY ISSUES
We will always try our best to resolve any data privacy issue you may have. You have the right to
refer any data privacy issue to the Information Commissioner's Office at any